Hardens Guide to the Best Restaurants in Bristol
Hardens guides have spent 30 years compiling reviews of the best Bristol restaurants. On Hardens.com you'll find details and reviews of 201 restaurants in Bristol and our unique survey based approach to rating and reviewing Bristol restaurants gives you the best insight into the top restaurants in every area and of every type of cuisine.
Featured Bristol Restaurants
1. Clifton Sausage British, Modern restaurant in Bristol 7 Portland St - BS8
“Remaining very popular with locals”, ‘the Sausage’ – a contemporary café serving various types of banger and other meaty British fare – “offers a good selection of food and (in an area where there are not as many good pubs as in the past) has become a haunt for a glass of wine too”. Its Bath sibling shut up shop in late 2018.
2. The Mint Room Indian restaurant in Bristol 12-16 Clifton Rd - BS8
“No flock wallpaper here”, but a “classy” and “tastefully decorated” spot in Clifton. The food is also “like a work of art” and “tastes as good as it looks” – “spicy, interesting and not too hot”. (It also has a branch in Bath).
3. Bar 44 restaurant in Bristol 18 - 20 Regent Street - BS8
“Proper jamon, a good selection of small plates, and an excellent Spanish wine list with a wide range of good sherries” – “a great drinks list with something for everyone” – help inspire positive reviews on this Hispanic yearling – “a great new addition to Bristol” and the first English branch of a small minichain originating near Cardiff.
4. Souk Kitchen Middle Eastern restaurant in Bristol 277 North St - BS3
“Vibrant stuff!” – the Lovells’ “buzzy” Middle Eastern venue (there’s also a sibling in Clifton) turns out an impeccable array of shakshuka, mezze and hummus and is particularly of note for its “very enjoyable brunch”; a location opposite the Tobacco Factory makes it ideal for pre-theatre dining.
5. Klosterhaus East & Cent. European restaurant in Bristol Cabot Circus - BS1
D&D London's fist Bristol opening will be a "modern take on a Grand Café, serving Mittel-European dishes"; opening 2 October in Cabot Circus.
6. Pipal Leaf Indian restaurant in Bristol 217 Church Road - BS5
Sibling to the popular Easton restaurant Pipal Tree which serves Punjabi British fusion.
7. Four Wise Monkeys Japanese restaurant in Bristol 30 Clare Street - BS1
City-centre Japanese small plates restaurant that's a "meeting of Asian folklore and retro 80s Tokyo vibes". Previously Pata Negra, and under the same ownership.
8. The Vincent Kitchen British, Modern restaurant in Bristol Queen Victoria House, Redland Hill - BS6
Cleverchefs, founded by chef Nick Collins, launched here in the refurbished Queen Victoria House in Redland in September 2020. Sibling to The Kitchen in Steepleton.
9. Sonny Stores British, Modern restaurant in Bristol 47 Raleigh Rd - BS3
Replacing the popular Birch, as of October 2020, is this restaurant that doubles as a deli (future-proofing at its best) from Pegs Quinn, formerly head chef at Bianchis, and with stints at Pasta Ripiena and The River Cafe under his belt.
10. Nadu Sri Lankan restaurant in Bristol 77 Stokes Croft - BS1
Delayed by lockdowns but now open, this Sri Lankan and Tamil restaurant in Stokes (on the former site of Msa + Mezcal) Croft comes from the team behind Clifton's Nutmeg.
View full listings of 201 Bristol Restaurants
Popular Bristol Restaurant Searches
Bristol Restaurant News
Top Bristol Restaurants
Hot Newcomers & Coming Soon