Fish & Seafood Restaurants in Edinburgh
1. The Café Royal Bar Fish & seafood restaurant in Edinburgh 19 West Register Street - EH2
2021 Review: For “great seafood”, “right in the centre of town”, you could do worse than this “easygoing”, well-preserved Victorian emporium with gilt-and-glass interiors – though you’ll find it “quieter and more civilised at lunchtime”.
2. Hawksmoor Steaks & grills restaurant in Edinburgh 23 West Register Street - EH2
2021 Review: “New to Edinburgh and certainly living up to its reputation”: the “classy” first Scottish outpost of the famous steakhouse chain – housed in the former Bank of Scotland HQ on St Andrew Square – opened in 2018, and it’s hard to imagine feedback that’s much more positive: all locals extol its “perfect steak”; “friendly” and “well-informed service”; and “great wines”.
3. White Horse Oyster & Seafood Bar Fish & seafood restaurant in Edinburgh 266 Canongate - EH8
2021 Review: The oldest trad boozer on the Royal Mile (est 1742) has now been reincarnated as an oyster and seafood bar – the name switching connotation from the equine to the maritime. It has won immediate high ratings for its “outstanding” crustacea.
4. Ondine Fish & seafood restaurant in Edinburgh 2 George IV Bridge - EH1
2021 Review: “Fantastic fresh seafood and fish”, “beautifully and imaginatively cooked”, draw a lively crowd to Roy Brett’s “atmospheric and professional” Old Town venue, where guests are greeted by a spectacular array of oysters. “We return year after year – it’s simply the best fish restaurant we know”.
5. Fishers in the City Fish & seafood restaurant in Edinburgh 58 Thistle St - EH2
2021 Review: “Wonderful fresh seafood and fish is imaginatively presented and served unpretentiously at a very reasonable price” at this relaxed bistro, handy for the National Gallery (and a spin-off of a veteran Leith venture).
6. Fishers Leith Fish & seafood restaurant in Edinburgh 1 The Shore - EH6
2021 Review: “Properly fresh fish with no fuss but lots of care” (plus delectable puds) continues to explain the success of this two-decades-old haunt in a historic Leith harbour watchtower. Their sibling venue The Shore, next door, serves British grub, and there’s also a city-centre spin-off, the literally titled ‘Fishers In the City’.
7. Fishmarket Fish & chips restaurant in Edinburgh 23a Pier Place - EH6
2021 Review: “Top-notch seafood – down by the Newhaven jetty!” is making a name for this modern chippy and fish restaurant in the docks, where – as well as fish ’n’ chips (including to take away), there’s a wider menu of posher seafood dishes.
View full listings of 8 Fish & Seafood Edinburgh Restaurants
Popular Edinburgh Restaurant Searches
Edinburgh Restaurant News