Fish & Seafood Restaurants in Edinburgh
1. The Café Royal Bar Fish & seafood restaurant in Edinburgh 19 West Register Street - EH2
“Super fish and seafood” are served in considerable style within the “glorious surroundings” of a beautifully preserved Victorian interior at this atmospheric city-centre venue.
2. Hawksmoor Steaks & grills restaurant in Edinburgh 23 West Register Street - EH2
“Melt-in-the-mouth meat the whole way” wins ongoing support for the Scottish outpost of this famous, zeitgeisty steakhouse chain – a big, 185-cover operation housed in the imposing former HQ of the Bank of Scotland. That said, it inspired less feedback than we expected this year.
3. White Horse Oyster & Seafood Bar Fish & seafood restaurant in Edinburgh 266 Canongate - EH8
2021 Review: The oldest trad boozer on the Royal Mile (est 1742) has now been reincarnated as an oyster and seafood bar – the name switching connotation from the equine to the maritime. It has won immediate high ratings for its “outstanding” crustacea.
4. Ondine Fish & seafood restaurant in Edinburgh 2 George IV Bridge - EH1
“Edinburgh’s best fish restaurant – bar none” is a claim often made for Roy Brett’s “excellent” Old Town venue, and long-term fans say it’s “as good as ever”. “My lobster was so fresh and beautifully grilled, the staff were friendly and helpful – a great evening”.
5. Fishers in the City Fish & seafood restaurant in Edinburgh 58 Thistle St - EH2
This converted warehouse is “a great place to enjoy seafood”, and is handily located for the National Gallery and Waverley station. A well-established offshoot of a long-serving Leith original, it offers a straightforward range of fresh fish and shellfish, served hot and cold.
6. Fishers Leith Fish & seafood restaurant in Edinburgh 1 The Shore - EH6
“Stick to the seafood” (but without skimping on the “great” puds) at this seventeenth-century Leith harbour watchtower, operating as a restaurant for over 20 years now, and you can't go wrong. They also run two other venues locally: next-door British spot The Shore, and intimate city-centre offshoot Fishers in the City.
7. Fishmarket Fish & chips restaurant in Edinburgh 23a Pier Place - EH6
“Very good fish ’n’ chips, light batter, and proper ‘chippy’ chips” is the calling card of this “very posh” venture from the people behind restaurant Ondine in partnership with their fish suppliers, Welch’s, in a Victorian building at Edinburgh’s Newhaven jetty. “Great langoustine buns” and “excellent cullen skink” are among the more upmarket offerings on the menu.
View full listings of 8 Fish & Seafood Edinburgh Restaurants
Popular Edinburgh Restaurant Searches
Edinburgh Restaurant News