Fish & Seafood Restaurants in Edinburgh
1. The Café Royal Bar Fish & seafood restaurant in Edinburgh 19 West Register Street - EH2
“The finest selection of oysters and mussels”, “exquisite seafood platters”, “Scottish game”, “champagne and whisky”, “a cracking wine selection with some big hitters” – all of it served in the “beautiful setting” of an ornate Victorian bar. No wonder that “it’s a busy place”, so you “need to book ahead”.
2. Hawksmoor Steaks & grills restaurant in Edinburgh 23 West Register Street - EH2
“Mouth-watering steaks” from both sides of the border and seafood from the Scottish coasts are the draws to the northern capital’s outpost of this powerhouse carnivorous chain, and the grand hall of the former Bank of Scotland HQ makes a “magnificent setting for top-notch food”. While the feedback is positive, there is less of it than we might have anticipated this year.
3. White Horse Oyster & Seafood Bar Fish & seafood restaurant in Edinburgh 266 Canongate - EH8
2021 Review: The oldest trad boozer on the Royal Mile (est 1742) has now been reincarnated as an oyster and seafood bar – the name switching connotation from the equine to the maritime. It has won immediate high ratings for its “outstanding” crustacea.
4. Ondine Fish & seafood restaurant in Edinburgh 2 George IV Bridge - EH1
“Top-notch oysters, shellfish and fish” make Roy Brett’s “superb restaurant” a “must-visit when in Edinburgh” – and a more frequent “treat” for those lucky enough to live nearby. In a new departure last year, selected cuts of British meat were added to the menu, ‘simply grilled to perfection’.
5. Fishers in the City Fish & seafood restaurant in Edinburgh 58 Thistle St - EH2
An “excellent choice of fish and shellfish” again wins applause for this long standing sibling to the original, near the Leith shore, which occupies a converted warehouse handy for the National Gallery.
6. Fishers Leith Fish & seafood restaurant in Edinburgh 1 The Shore - EH6
“If you want to eat fish in Edinburgh, this is the place to go” – “a great spot at a lovely quiet location down on the dockside in Leith, and just delicious”. Set in a seventeenth-century watchtower, the “characterful restaurant” serves “really good fresh fish, simply and yet imaginatively”. The owners also run The Shore next door, and Fishers in the City.
7. Fishmarket Fish & chips restaurant in Edinburgh 23a Pier Place - EH6
Akin to a posh chippy, this tiled, two-year-old collab between the same backers as Ondine and fish suppliers Welche’s again gets the thumbs-up – “a fab place at Newhaven Harbour that’s busy and exciting, with great fresh Scottish seafood”.
View full listings of 8 Fish & Seafood Edinburgh Restaurants
Popular Edinburgh Restaurant Searches
Edinburgh Restaurant News