Arcade, a new central London dining hall – curiously described, by the founders, as an “all-day food theatre” – will launch on July 22 at London’s iconic Centre Point building at Tottenham Court Road.
Arcade is Europe’s biggest dining hall. The 12,500 square foot, Grade II-listed space features six independent ground-floor kitchens, a coffee and bakery counter, three conceptualised bars, an outdoor terrace, and ‘The Loft’, a mezzanine kitchen designed to provide a space for emerging talent to host supper clubs and pop-ups.
Arcade’s restaurant line-up is a long and impressive one: Pophams bakery, TŌU by TĀ TĀ Eatery, Pastorcito, Oklava, Flat Iron Workshop, Casita Do Frango, Chotto by Chotto Matte, and Lina Stores. The latter, announced weeks after the first billing, is clearly the food hall’s centrepiece.
Lina Stores has been busy – don’t forget the new King’s Cross site.
Here are some stand-out dishes from the restaurants:
- LINA STORES – Pici alla Norcina (Pici, Porcini mushrooms, Umbrian sausage); Pansoti con Burrata, Salsa di Datterini, Pinoli e Basilico (Burrata Pansoti, Datterini tomato, toasted pinenuts, basil); Polpette di Melanzane (Aubergine polpette, San Marzano tomato)
- POPHAMS (coffee & bakery counter) – Coconut Custard & Raspberry Danish; Nectarine & Ginger Custard Danish; Marmite, Schlossberger & Spring Onion Escargot
- TŌU BY TĀ TĀ EATERY – Iberian Katsu Sando (Toasted brioche, slow-cooked & deep-fried Iberian pork neck, shredded cabbage, raspberry brown sauce, xo shallot sauce); Iberian Pork Rice Bowl (Iberian barbecue pork, Japanese short grain rice, sake glaze, egg yolk); Assorted Korean-style Pickles
- PASTORCITO – Super Gringa (Flour tortilla, charred Al Pastor pork, Oaxaca cheese, slaw, grilled pineapple, Morita salsa, gem lettuce); Tacos Al Pastor (24-hour marinated pork shoulder, caramelised pineapple, guacamole taquero salsa, white onion, coriander, cheese); Baja Fish Tacos (Corona-battered sea bass, shredded cabbage, pico de gallo, coriander)
- OKLAVA – Iskender (Lamb & beef döner, grilled flatbread, tomato-chilli sauce, yoghurt, brown butter); Black Sea Pide (Black Sea cheese & butter pide, egg yolk, black garlic, za’atar); Künefe (Crispy pistachio & cheese-stuffed Kadayif pastry, orange blossom syrup, kaymak)
- FLAT IRON WORKSHOP – Charcoal Grilled FeatherBlade Tip (Rare & prized specialist Cornish native breed cattle – butter poached then Holm Oak Charcoal-grilled); Steak & Yorkshire (Charcoal grilled steak, beef dripped-Yorkshire pudding, pickled Tropea onions, fresh horseradish, English mustard mayo); Wagyu Dripping Fries
- CASITA DO FRANGO – Frango (Half chicken brushed with choice of piri piri, oregano or lemon & garlic); Charred Cauliflower (Maple syrup, piri piri, coriander yoghurt, pistachio); Grilled Chorizo (Black olive mayo, guindilla peppers)
- CHOTTO BY CHOTTO MATTE – Nikkei Sashimi (Yellowtail, cherry tomatoes, jalapeño, coriander, yuzu truffle soy); Asado de Tira (Slow braised beef, teriyaki jus, purple potato mash); Nikkei Dressed Sushi – 6 Piece Nigiri (Tuna yuzu soy, sea bass ceviche, salmon black garlic, yellowtail yuzu truffle, turbot anticucho, aubergine miso)
Oklava and Pophams will serve breakfast options throughout the week. From today until July 22 will be a soft launch phase, with all food sold at half-price.