Indian Restaurants in Glasgow
1. The Dhabba Indian restaurant in Glasgow 44 Candleriggs - G1
“Right in the centre of Glasgow”, and with “trendy” décor, this Merchant City fixture (est 2002) is beloved for its “different” North Indian dishes, notably “excellent dosas”. Usefully, nearby sibling Dakhin is that rare restaurant offering 100% gluten-free Keralan cuisine.
2. Mother India Indian restaurant in Glasgow 28 Westminster Ter - G3
Famous for its “fabulous-quality, carefully seasoned Indian dishes” – this West End institution “can be loud and… well Glaswegian, but the food is delicious”. “Prices are modest”, too, and there’s a “great view of Kelvingrove Museum from the window”.
3. Shish Mahal Indian restaurant in Glasgow 60-68 Park Road - G4
2019 Review: “Glasgow’s oldest curry house and still one of the best”; it’s now under the third generation, with the legendary Mr Ali sadly gone, but “standards have never slipped” at this local icon, which famously claims credit for inventing chicken tikka masala in the 1970s.
4. Babu Indian restaurant in Glasgow 186 W Regent St - G2
2018 Review: “Just great Indian (street) food with attitude” – the premise of this “really honest” and “tasty” 3-table café, bringing a dose of Mumbai to the city-centre.
5. Horn Please Indian restaurant in Glasgow 91 Berkeley Street - G3
Sibling to the neighbouring tapas joint Cubatas, this new Glasgow spot features small plates and snacks from the Indian subcontinent.
6. Tuk Tuk Indian restaurant in Glasgow 426 Sauchiehall Street - G2
2018 Review: Sibling to Edinburgh’s Indian street food joint, this stripped-back venue serving inexpensive snacks, curries and tandoor-cooked meats near the Glasgow School of Art opened in early 2017.
7. Ranjits Kitchen Indian restaurant in Glasgow 607 Pollokshaws Road - G41
2019 Review: “Delicious Punjabi vegetarian food is served by friendly people” in a “low-key” but “welcoming” space at this teetotal Pollokshields deli-restaurant – mainly a take-away but also offering sit-in meals from noon ‘till 8.30pm (save Monday); it’s “worth queuing for the fresh lemon pickle alone!”
View full listings of 26 Indian Glasgow Restaurants
Popular Glasgow Restaurant Searches
Glasgow Restaurant News