Tom Kerridge is opening a restaurant in Manchester. The Bull & Bear, in the Stock Exchange Hotel on Norfolk Street, will launch on November 15, and will feature Kerridge’s famed style of cooking, where British classics are refined, yet in a casual sort of fashion.
Kerridge – spread increasingly thin now with The Hand & Flowers, his Bar & Grill in London, and his pub in Marlow – will oversee the Bull & Bear, but it will be executive chef Dan Scott who will take charge.
Both chefs have devised the menu, which has been divided into ‘first’, ‘second’, and ‘third’; small plates is the theme, and five per person will be recommended.
Cherry-picked signature favourites from The Coach will be making an appearance: Kerridge’s mushroom “risotto” Claude Bosi; The Coach burger with smoked brisket and dill pickle; and chicken Kiev with cauliflower cheese. But there will be new dishes to try, too.
Sample menu below:
- Rotisserie Beetroot Salad with Feta and Mint
- Smoked Chicken and Ham Hock Terrine with Piccalilli
- Duck Liver Parfait with Plum Chutney
- Fish Fritter of the Day with Pease Pudding and Tartare Sauce
- Crispy Pig’s Head with Celeriac Rémoulade and Spiced Date Sauce
- Venison Chilli with Toasted Rice Cream, Red Wine and Chocolate
- Whisky and Rye Pudding
- Hot Chocolate Tart with Hazelnut Ice Cream
- The Coach Profiteroles with Soured Vanilla Cream
- Rotisserie Pomme Boulangère
- Rotisserie Celeriac with Winter Truffle
- The Coach Chips with ‘Kerridge’s Bar & Grill’ Gherkin Ketchup
- Buttered Hispi Cabbage