Italian Restaurants in Newcastle Upon Tyne
1. Caffé Vivo Italian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne 29 Broad Chare - NE1
Terry Labourne’s “great, buzzy” quayside ten-year-old has a solid local following thanks to its winning line in “tasty” peasant food.
2. Pani’s Italian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne 61-65 High Bridge - NE1
“A local institution which nearly always comes up trumps even when it is very busy”; staff “treat you like family”, the “ambience is fab” and the bargainous Sardinian food is “always reliable” (homely classics being supported by “interesting and varied specials”).
3. Francesca’s Italian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne 134 Manor House Rd - NE2
A “cheap ’n’ cheerful” Jesmond icon whose “fattening” Britalian fare (pizza, pasta and the “best garlic bread in town”) is still “worth the queue”; “service can sometimes be a bit brusque, but that’s part of the ambience” (likewise the cheesy posters).
4. Piccolino Italian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne Stockbridge House, Trinity Gardens, Quayside - NE1
2015 Review: A low-profile but “always reliable” Italian chain, whose decent value and kid-friendliness wins it somewhat better ratings than many better-known competitors.
5. Zizzi Italian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne 42-50 Grey - NE1
2015 Review: “Unexceptional” and “unsophisticated” it undoubtedly is, but this “pleasant” kid-friendly pizza-’n’-pasta chain is still generally rated a “useful, if unspectacular, standby”.
6. Strada Italian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne Old Eldon Square, Blackett St - NE1
2015 Review: These “family-friendy” pizza-and-pasta spots have been very “inconsistent” in recent years, and many long term fans can’t help feeling they’ve “gone off”; can Hugh Osmond (who bought the chain in late-2014) sprinkle on them some of the magic he once helped instil at PizzaExpress?
View full listings of 10 Italian Newcastle Upon Tyne Restaurants
Popular Newcastle Upon Tyne Restaurant Searches
Top Newcastle Upon Tyne Restaurants
These are the top restaurants in Newcastle Upon Tyne based on reviews by Hardens users.
Tyneside Coffee Rooms, Tyneside Cinema
A Taste of Persia
Popular Cuisines in Newcastle Upon Tyne