Indian Restaurants in Newcastle Upon Tyne
1. Dabbawal Indian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne 69-75 High Bridge - NE1
“Head and shoulders above your ordinary curry house” – with “palate-zinging” but also “delicate and original” dishes – this eleven-year-old street food pioneer near the Theatre Royal (with an offshoot in Jesmond) is a “perfect location for a night on the Toon”. “Even the mocktails are fantastic!”.
2. Dabbawal Indian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne 1 Brentwood Mews - NE2
The home-style Indian street food can be “out of this world” at this quirky, colourful Jesmond sibling to the city-centre HQ, and preferred to the original by some; fans can’t get enough – and “even get take-outs from here now” (well it is named after Bombay’s proto-Deliveroo lunch-delivery men).
3. Valley Junction 397 Indian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne Old Jesmond Stn, Archbold Ter - NE2
“In an old signal box joined with an old carriage” – this quirkily located Indian comes heartily recommended by a small but enthusiastic fan club.
4. Sachins Indian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne Forth Banks - NE1
“The food is always amazing”, say fans of this well-known Punjabi curry house near Central Station, run for nearly 20 years by Bob & Neeta Arora.
5. Ury Indian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne 27 Queen Street - NE1
Near the iconic bridge, this “authentic” venture (rebranded from popular haunt Rasa in 2015) is “miles apart from the typical provincial curry house”, featuring “excellent South Indian food with welcoming, knowledgeable and attentive staff” (many from the old Rasa days).
View full listings of 5 Indian Newcastle Upon Tyne Restaurants
Popular Newcastle Upon Tyne Restaurant Searches
Top Newcastle Upon Tyne Restaurants
These are the top restaurants in Newcastle Upon Tyne based on reviews by Hardens users.
Popular Cuisines in Newcastle Upon Tyne