Indian Restaurants in Newcastle Upon Tyne
1. Dabbawal Indian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne 69-75 High Bridge - NE1
“A full menu with lots of variety, and super staff” underpin the appeal of this street food pioneer, which opened in 2008, near the Theatre Royal. “The only downer is that it is sooooo popular now, it is hard to get a table!”.
2. Valley Junction 397 Indian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne Old Jesmond Stn, Archbold Ter - NE2
2019 Review: “In an old signal box joined with an old carriage” – this quirkily located Indian comes heartily recommended by a small but enthusiastic fan club.
3. Sachins Indian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne Forth Banks - NE1
2022 Review: This Punjabi curry house behind Central Station has become a Toon institution over almost 40 years. It has been owned since 2000 by chef Bob Arora, who was a regular customer before taking over.
4. Dabbawal Indian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne 1 Brentwood Mews - NE2
2022 Review: “Delicious, interesting dishes” inspired by the street food delivered by Mumbai’s ‘dabbawala’ bicycle delivery men, are to be found on the menu at this brightly coloured Jesmond venue with an open kitchen and verandah. It’s a spinoff of the city-centre original.
5. Khai Khai Indian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne 29 Queen Street - NE1
This 2020 newcomer in a Victorian building just off the Quayside creates “unusual twists on Indian cuisine” by using a modern Josper grill to recreate the ‘primal’ smoky flavours of the subcontinent’s traditional regional cuisines. Top Tip – “wonderful cocktails”.
View full listings of 5 Indian Newcastle Upon Tyne Restaurants
Popular Newcastle Upon Tyne Restaurant Searches
Newcastle Upon Tyne Restaurant News