Indian Restaurants in Newcastle Upon Tyne
1. Valley Junction 397 Indian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne Old Jesmond Stn, Archbold Ter - NE2
2019 Review: “In an old signal box joined with an old carriage” – this quirkily located Indian comes heartily recommended by a small but enthusiastic fan club.
2. Dabbawal Indian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne 69-75 High Bridge - NE1
A pioneer of Indian street food in the Northeast when it opened near the Theatre Royal in 2008, this retro-styled venue has lost none of its verve in the intervening years, and still wins high ratings for its unusual and “really delicious” small plates.
3. Sachins Indian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne Forth Banks - NE1
This Punjabi curry house behind Central Station has become a Toon institution over almost 40 years. It has been owned since 2000 by chef Bob Arora, who was a regular customer before taking over.
4. Raval Luxury Indian Restaurant & Bar Indian restaurant in Gateshead Church Street, Gateshead Quays - NE8
2018 Review: Limited reports this year on this Gateshead Quays Indian with open kitchen, but feedback is all-round very good when it comes to its sophisticated cuisine and luxurious contemporary decor.
5. Dabbawal Indian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne 1 Brentwood Mews - NE2
“Delicious, interesting dishes” inspired by the street food delivered by Mumbai’s ‘dabbawala’ bicycle delivery men, are to be found on the menu at this brightly coloured Jesmond venue with an open kitchen and verandah. It’s a spinoff of the city-centre original.
6. Khai Khai Indian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne 29 Queen Street - NE1
“A brilliant newcomer to Newcastle Quayside's dining scene” launched in the unfortunate times of late 2020, and offering retro Indian comfort food; its 'smoke play' dishes – cooked traditionally over red-hot coals and burning wood in a special Josper oven – are “really high quality” by early reports, with “lots of unfamiliar dishes” and a “great-value set menu”.
View full listings of 6 Indian Newcastle Upon Tyne Restaurants
Popular Newcastle Upon Tyne Restaurant Searches
Newcastle Upon Tyne Restaurant News