Indian Restaurants in Newcastle Upon Tyne
1. Dabbawal Indian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne 69-75 High Bridge - NE1
Near the Theatre Royal, this early pioneer of Indian street food (which opened in 2008) continues to generate upbeat (if limited) feedback on its “delicious curries”.
2. The Valley Junction 397 Indian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne Old Jesmond Station, Archbold Terrace - NE2
The Valley Restaurants promise a unique and pleasurable dining experience in luxurious surroundings. Superbly presented authentic dishes from Bangladesh and the Indian subcontinent are served with impeccable style by attentive waiters. The Valley Restaurants are proud to have ...
3. Sachins Indian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne Forth Banks - NE1
“Always a favourite” – this smart Punjabi curry house is “still one of the best Indian restaurants in town”, even approaching its fourth decade; the “traditional food” is “very dependable”, having been overseen by chef-owner Bob Arora (a former regular) since the millennium.
4. Dabbawal Indian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne 1 Brentwood Mews - NE2
2022 Review: “Delicious, interesting dishes” inspired by the street food delivered by Mumbai’s ‘dabbawala’ bicycle delivery men, are to be found on the menu at this brightly coloured Jesmond venue with an open kitchen and verandah. It’s a spinoff of the city-centre original.
5. Khai Khai Indian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne 29 Queen Street - NE1
“Some of the best and most authentic Indian food you can get” in these parts awaits at this “really good addition to the varied Quayside scene”, founded in 2020; while superficially there’s a “similar menu and ambience to Dishoom”, the point of pride here is the Josper grill, which lends its smoky magic to the menu of retro regional classics.
6. Simla Indian restaurant in Newcastle upon Tyne 39 Side - NE1
“Fabulous food and great customer service” are the hallmarks of a meal at this Quayside fixture, founded in 1981 as a ‘fast and furious’ curry house by the late Ashraf Ali and re-launched as an upmarket destination eight years ago by his daughter, Shelly Muktadir.
View full listings of 6 Indian Newcastle Upon Tyne Restaurants
Popular Newcastle Upon Tyne Restaurant Searches
Newcastle Upon Tyne Restaurant News