Chef Nigel Haworth’s gastronomic event Obsession has kicked off at Northcote – a “class act” in all respects according to our reporters – hosting 21 world class chefs between now and 4 February. The culinary event series takes place over 18 nights from and sees chefs travelling from India, Russia, Japan, and Mexico, as well as the UK, to cook their unique Obsession Menus.
In fact, there’s so much talent on offer that diners may find it difficult to choose just one evening to attend. Check out the upcoming line-up below:
- Wednesday 24 January – Daniel Calvert – Belon, Hong Kong
- Thursday 25 January – Hiroshi Nakamichi – Restaurant Molière, Sapporo, Japan
- Friday 26 January – George Blogg – Gravetye Manor, Sussex, UK
- Saturday 27 January – Larry Jayasekara – Petrus, London, UK
- Sunday 28 January – Tom Kitchin -The Kitchin, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Monday 29 January – Diego Hernandez Baquedano – Corazón de Tierra, Valle de Guadalupe, Mexico; Francisco Ruano, Alcalde, Guadalajara, Mexico; Jorge Vallejo, Quintonil, Mexico City, Mexico
- Tuesday 30 January – Martin Milesi, Una, London, UK
- Wednesday 31 January – Jorge Vallejo – Quintonil, Mexico City, Mexico
- Thursday 1 February – Tommy Banks – The Black Swan at Oldstead, Yorkshire, UK
- Friday 2 February – Berezutskiy Twins – Twins Garden, Moscow, Russia
- Saturday 3 February – Nelly Robinson – Nel Restaurant, Sydney, Australia; Kirk Haworth – Plates London, London, UK
- Sunday 4 February – Nigel Haworth – Northcote, Lancashire, UK
Obsession first took place in 2001 and was created by Haworth as a celebration of great food, wine and a meeting of friends, old and new. From that first event, it’s size has grown but the ethos is still very much the same with Haworth always looking to offer guests a completely memorable culinary experience, created by some of the world’s most innovative chefs.
Guests will enjoy a Louis Roederer Brut Premier champagne reception, and then have the option of adding a wine flight to the dinner.
Northcote is a luxury, 26-bedroomed boutique hotel located in the Ribble Valley, Lancashire, and its award-winning restaurant has held a Michelin star for 21 consecutive years since 1995. It was founded by Nigel Haworth and Craig Bancroft in 1984.
Tickets for Obsession 18 start from £140 per person including Louis Roederer champagne and canapé reception, five course menu, and coffee and petit fours. Specially paired wine flight can be added starting from £60 per person. For more information and to book tickets visit www.northcote.com/obsession18. VIP hospitality packages are available to book for six or more people in the Louis Roederer Room or at the Chef’s Table, from £2,400 + VAT.