Hardens Guide to the Best Restaurants in Warwickshire
Hardens guides have spent 30 years compiling reviews of the best Warwickshire restaurants. On Hardens.com you'll find details and reviews of 115 restaurants in Warwickshire and our unique survey based approach to rating and reviewing Warwickshire restaurants gives you the best insight into the top restaurants in every area and of every type of cuisine.
Featured Warwickshire Restaurants
1. The Bridge British, Modern restaurant in Bidford On Avon 55 High Street - B50
2019 Review: “A great terrace and riverside setting” is the crown jewel feature of this riverside eatery, on the banks of the Avon. Char-grilled steaks are the headline attractions of an “enjoyable” modern bistro menu.
2. The Castle at Edgehill British, Modern restaurant in Edgehill Main Street - OX15
“Fantastic views” over the Warwickshire countryside (and a famous battleground from the English Civil War) from an “interesting building” are an immediate draw at this cosy, picture-book castle – a pub since 1822 and built 100 years earlier. Service is “friendly” and the “competent” gastropub menu majors in a selection of steaks and burgers.
3. Sabai Sabai Thai restaurant in Stratford upon Avon 19-20 Wood Street - CV37
Brum’s popular Thai mini-chain established this Stratford spin-off three years ago, and its consistent food rating is in line with its siblings. “Charming staff” also received a particular thumbs up last year.
4. Lambs British, Modern restaurant in Stratford upon Avon 12 Sheep Street - CV37
Occupying “a beautiful old building” – one of Stratford’s oldest – this beamed venue remains most often nominated as “a fantastic place for pre-theatre dinner: consistent quality with a great-value set menu”.
5. The Fuzzy Duck British, Modern restaurant in Armscote Ilmington Road - CV37
Cosy, modernised pub, near Stratford-upon-Avon, that’s consistently well-rated (if on limited feedback) for its ‘Contemporary Cotswolds’ cooking: traditional pub dishes like chicken ’n’ chips, complemented by slightly more ambitious seasonal items.
6. The Stag At Offchurch British, Traditional restaurant in Offchurch Welsh Road - CV33
2018 Review: This “pleasant gastropub” (part of the CD Pub Co) occupies a thatched property not far from Leamington Spa, and serves a well-rated menu rated from traditional pub grub to a selection of dry-aged steaks.
7. No. 9 British, Modern restaurant in Stratford upon Avon 9 Church Street - CV37
“Imaginative and excellent-value pre/post-theatre menus” (as well as more relaxed dining options for those giving Shakespeare a miss), are to be had at chef/owner Wayne Thomson’s highly rated town-centre venue, which celebrates its 10th anniversary this summer.
8. The Opposition British, Modern restaurant in Stratford upon Avon 13 Sheep Street - CV37
2019 Review: Just around the corner from the RSC, this long-serving bistro with “Tudor-type” decor is “THE place to eat in Stratford if you’re going to the theatre – they put you through with speed (but don’t make you feel hassled)”, the food is “reliable (if not exciting)”, while “staff are helpful (but not obsequious)”. “What more does anyone want before a dollop of Shakespeare?”
9. Loxleys British, Traditional restaurant in Stratford upon Avon 3 Sheep St - CV37
“One of the better pre-theatre places in Stratford” – this smart, two-floor, former clothes shop is barely a three-minute walk from the RSC. Even a reporter who felt the food was “nothing special” says “everything turned out well for a pleasant evening”.
10. Baraset Barn British, Modern restaurant in Alveston Pimlico Lane - CV37
This “exceptional” venue – part 200-year-old country pub, part contemporary brasserie – has an eclectic menu of global dishes and is “always super value for a leisurely lunch”. It “now has very good rooms for overnighters”.
View full listings of 115 Warwickshire Restaurants
Popular Warwickshire Restaurant Searches
Top Warwickshire Restaurants
Hot Newcomers & Coming Soon
Stratford upon Avon British, Modern £53
The Royal Oak
Whatcote British, Modern £69