Hardens Guide to the Best Restaurants in London Battersea
Hardens guides have spent 30 years compiling reviews of the best Battersea restaurants. On Hardens.com you'll find details and reviews of 62 restaurants in Battersea and our unique survey based approach to rating and reviewing Battersea restaurants gives you the best insight into the top restaurants in every area and of every type of cuisine.
Featured Battersea Restaurants
1. Little Bird Battersea Pan-Asian restaurant in Battersea 1 Battersea Rise - SW11
A “fab menu” of Asian-Med fusion dishes, ‘botanical’ cocktails and funky interior design add up to a “great little local restaurant” concept from Lorraine Angliss, building her Annie’s and Rock & Rose west London group; Little Bird has perched in Chiswick and Battersea.
2. Chokhi Dhani London Indian restaurant in Battersea Unit 2, 2 Riverlight Quay, Nine Elms Lane - SW11
In the “desert” of Vauxhall’s riverside developments, this year-old offshoot of one of India’s best-known luxury restaurant groups occupies the smartly furnished ground floor of one of the new blocks, and specialises in Rajasthani cuisine. Feedback is still relatively limited, but such as there is says it’s been an “excellent arrival”.
3. Donna Margherita Italian restaurant in Battersea 183 Lavender Hill - SW11
2017 Review: “Authentic Naples pizza (stone-baked too giving it a lovely crust)” wins a thumbs up for this Battersea Italian – “noisy, but that makes it fun”. One minor gripe: the wine list can seem a mite “predictable”.
4. Nutbourne British, Modern restaurant in Battersea 29 Ransomes Dock, 35-37 Parkgate Rd - SW11
“Quirky and relaxed” Battersea venue, on the waterside site long occupied by Ransome’s Dock (RIP), which is run the Gladwin brothers using the same farm-to-fork formula as at their other ventures (see Rabbit and The Shed). “Great wines” from the eponymous family vineyard in Sussex are a plus, but the modern British cooking is “inconsistent”, with “some hits and some misses”… but rather too many “misses”.
5. Osteria Antica Bologna Italian restaurant in Battersea 23 Northcote Rd - SW11
“For a ‘local Italian’ it’s hard to beat” this “consistently good” trat that celebrates three decades on Clapham’s foodie Northcote Road this year. “It looks and feels like an authentic taverna in Northern Italy” – “there’s nothing flash and no emphasis on fancy tableware or presentation, but I’ve had better food here than at fancier places in town”. It’s “a bit dark inside”, though, “so better for lunch than dinner”. Top Menu Tip – “wild boar ragu”.
6. The Bolingbroke British, Modern restaurant in Battersea 174 Northcote Rd - SW11
From the welcoming
7. The Tapas Room Spanish restaurant in Battersea 263-265 Battersea Park Road - SW11
The fourth branch to open for this growing mini-chain.
8. The Fox & Hounds Mediterranean restaurant in Battersea 66-68 Latchmere Road - SW11
2018 Review: “This atmospheric old corner pub in Battersea” is a “buzzy, friendly, traditional spot” serving “a Med-inspired menu that never disappoints”. “Cosy and warm in winter, with stunning Christmas decorations, it also has a fabulous rose-clad garden in summer”.
9. Augustine Kitchen French restaurant in Battersea 63 Battersea Bridge Rd - SW11
This “great local French bistro” offers “well priced and very well executed” dishes, based on the cuisine of Evian on the shore of Lake Geneva. It’s “easily missed in its location” just south of Battersea Bridge.
10. Numero Uno Italian restaurant in Battersea 139 Northcote Rd - SW11
2018 Review: “Consistently good over 20 years” – this Italian stalwart in Battersea’s Nappy Valley has “very friendly staff who love children” and is “always packed”. The food? “not in ‘wow’-factor territory but more-than-competent”.
View full listings of 62 Battersea Restaurants
Popular Battersea Restaurant Searches
london Restaurant News
UKHospitality urges Rishi Sunak to promise new support so the sector can kick-start the recovery
Top Battersea Restaurants
Hot Newcomers & Coming Soon