Hardens Guide to the Best Restaurants in London Camden
Hardens guides have spent 30 years compiling reviews of the best Camden restaurants. On Hardens.com you'll find details and reviews of 59 restaurants in Camden and our unique survey based approach to rating and reviewing Camden restaurants gives you the best insight into the top restaurants in every area and of every type of cuisine.
Featured Camden Restaurants
1. Chai Thali Indian restaurant in Camden Centro 3, 19 Mandela St - NW1
2019 Review: “Cute and cheerful” pan-Indian street food and bar operation in a new development near Mornington Crescent. All reports are upbeat, if with a caution that you should “pick your way through the menu carefully to have a better-than-standard curry house experience”.
2. Wildflower Irish restaurant in Camden Buck Street Market, 180-188 Camden High Street - NW1
Simplicity. Using foraged natural ingredients.Service. A passion for fine dining in a relaxed atmosphere.Seasonality. Ingredients which are fished, forage...
3. Indian Alley Indian restaurant in Camden Unit 92 North Yard, Chalk Farm Road - NW1
From the team behind Benares, a street-food concept that opened in the Stables building in Spring 2021.
4. The Farrier British, Traditional restaurant in Camden North Yard, Camden Market, Chalk Farm Road - NW1
The first pub ever in Camden Market (yes really!), this April 2021 newcomer occupies a Grade II listed space that were once stables (lots of vaulted brick ceilings and bare brick walls). Not only does it have the handy post-Covid feature of a hidden courtyard with fire pit, but also locally brewed beers and rustic British fare from Ash Finch (ex-The Langham and Wild Honey).
5. Bad Vegan Vegan restaurant in Camden Buck Street Market, 198 Camden High Street - NW1
Tom Kerridge launched this 'mostly vegan" restaurant in Camden's Buck Street market in June 2021. Red packaging for meat products and green packaging for vegan products will help customers choose the right food for them.
6. Powerplant Vegan restaurant in Camden 89 Chalk Farm Road - NW1
A vegan restaurant from Selina, the "experience-led hospitality group" ; future openings in the pipeline include Washington DC and Lisbon
7. Street Pizza Pizza restaurant in Camden 127-129 Parkway - NW1
Gordon Ramsay's pizza chain; this branch is based at his York & Albany pub.
8. Keff Middle Eastern restaurant in Camden 740-741 North Yard (The Stables), Camden Market - NW1
The company that delivered Middle Eastern dips and snacks across London during lockdown has opened a bricks-and-mortar site in Camden's Stables Market.
9. Parrillan Spanish restaurant in Camden Coal Drops Yard - N1C
“An experience as well as amazing food!” – the Hart Bros’ spring 2019 yearling, in Coal Drops Yard, occupies a big, glam terrace, overlooking Regent’s Canal: “it’s outside only, partially protected from the rain, but with no protection from any wind”. Each table has its own DIY tabletop mini-grill (the eponymous ‘parrillan’): “you grill your own partially-prepared vegetables, meats and fish”; and there’s also a selection of ‘para picar’ (Spanish nibbles). All early feedback says the formula stacks up well, but one or two diners feel the bill ends up a tad pricey.
10. Morso Italian restaurant in Camden 130 Boundary Road - NW8
“This jewel-like place in a faintly unfashionable corner of St John’s Wood exceeds expectations” with “fresh pasta”, “friendly service”, and “an exciting grappa list”, plus “grappa-themed cocktails that really hit the spot”. Downsides? “It is very noisy”, and “the small-plates format means that bills can add up alarmingly”.
View full listings of 59 Camden Restaurants
Popular Camden Restaurant Searches
london Restaurant News
Top Camden Restaurants
Hot Newcomers & Coming Soon
The Garden at The Lane, Theatre Royal
London British, Modern