Hardens Guide to the Best Restaurants in London Tooting
Hardens guides have spent 30 years compiling reviews of the best Tooting restaurants. On Hardens.com you'll find details and reviews of 13 restaurants in Tooting and our unique survey based approach to rating and reviewing Tooting restaurants gives you the best insight into the top restaurants in every area and of every type of cuisine.
Featured Tooting Restaurants
1. Plot British, Modern restaurant in Tooting Unit 70-72 Broadway Market, Tooting High Street - SW17
High marks again for this brave hipster outpost occupying one of the stalls in Tooting’s covered market, and where funky, seasonal, British small plates are served at the counter. Some diners found themselves “questioning some of the combinations”, but most judged results “very good”.
2. Little Taperia Spanish restaurant in Tooting 143 Tooting High St - SW17
“Tasty tapas”, served in a “slightly odd-shaped room” with a “cheery atmosphere”, have created “a Tooting legend in just a few years” at this “excellent” venue dominated by a marble bar.
3. Mirch Masala Pakistani restaurant in Tooting 213 Upper Tooting Rd - SW17
“A broad range of dishes with distinct sauces at amazing prices” makes this “basic Pakistani place” a standout on Tooting’s “curry corridor”: “the quality certainly merits the mediocre setting and variable service”; a favourite of Sadiq Khan, it’s “often busy and noisy”. Top Tips: “nihari – slow-cooked lamb shank – is memorable”; “BYO wine is a plus point, too”.
4. Jaffna House Sri Lankan restaurant in Tooting 90 Tooting High St - SW17
“Incredible thalis at awesome prices”, inspire a dedicated band of devotees to the authentic Sri Lankan and South Indian specialities served up in this “homely dining room”: “maybe not the best, but certainly the best-value lunch in Tooting”.
5. Smoke & Salt British, Traditional restaurant in Tooting 115 Tooting High St - SW17
“It’s a slightly mad room in a shipping container” – well, that’s Pop Brixton for you – but this “relaxed and friendly” 20-seater offers “the epitome of modern dining” with its “super-tasty and interesting” dishes: ‘on-trend small plates created using British ingredients and the ancient techniques of smoking, curing and preserving’.
7. Lahore Karahi Pakistani restaurant in Tooting 1 Tooting High Street, London - SW17
2018 Review: “Fabulous Pakistani cooking at ridiculously inexpensive prices” makes this “quirky” BYO canteen one of the best in Tooting. “Expect to have to wait for a table.”
8. Apollo Banana Leaf Indian restaurant in Tooting 190 Tooting High St - SW17
December 2016: Apologies to the owners, we had been told that this restaurant had closed, but a keen-eyed reporter has corrected us!
9. The Tapas Room Spanish restaurant in Tooting Unit 3-5 Broadway Market, 29 Tooting High St - SW17
Sibling to Pop Brixton's Donostia Social Club, this cosy spot in the heart of Tooting's Broadway Market, specialises in Basque produce (wine, sherries, vermouths and cavas, with tapas, charcuterie and cheese to eat), directly imported by the restaurant's owners.
View full listings of 13 Tooting Restaurants
Popular Tooting Restaurant Searches
london Restaurant News
Top Tooting Restaurants
Hot Newcomers & Coming Soon