Hardens Guide to the Best Restaurants in Cambridge
Hardens guides have spent 15 years compiling reviews of the best Cambridge restaurants. On Hardens.com you'll find details and reviews of 80 restaurants in Cambridge and our unique survey based approach to rating and reviewing Cambridge restaurants gives you the best insight into the top restaurants in every area and of every type of cuisine.
Featured Cambridge Restaurants
1. Pint Shop British, Modern restaurant in Cambridge 10 Peas Hill - CB2
Pint Shop is all about creating a place that embraces eating and drinking equally. A place where you feely equally at home having a few beers, a light lunch or a full blown feast. A place where people from all walks of life, rub shoulders with each other.
Our inspiration for Pin...
2. Midsummer House British, Modern restaurant in Cambridge Midsummer Common - CB4
“An ideal location next to the River Cam adjacent to Midsummer Common” provides a glorious setting for this fine Victorian riverside villa, where “Daniel Clifford is pushing on to new levels” – reporters rated it No. 2 in our Top-100 UK Restaurants this year, and some would argue that Michelin should bestow it that third star. “The level of detail is second-to-none” and the “spectacular and surprising food combinations” create “complex” and “exciting” dishes, delivered by “attentive but un-cloying” staff. Even many fans though feel it’s “too expensive”.
3. Restaurant 22 British, Modern restaurant in Cambridge 22 Chesterton Rd - CB4
“Though not exactly cheap”, this “unique” and “really intimate” restaurant, in a riverside villa outside the city centre, offers “sublime” food at times; the prix-fixe gives a “good choice” too... “just as well since it's the only menu available”!
4. Oak Bistro British, Modern restaurant in Cambridge 6 Lensfield Road - CB2
A “cosy” bistro, handy for the railway and city centre, that’s “just about great food without being pretentious”, and where the quality is “bang-on for the price”; the “lovely” patio area in particular is “ideal for the summer and very romantic”.
5. Yippee Noodle Bar Pan-Asian restaurant in Cambridge 7-9 King St - CB1
“So much better than the chains”; this “very noisy” city-centre joint is “a great place to catch a bite”.
6. Pipasha Restaurant Indian restaurant in Cambridge 529c, Newmarket Rd - CB5
Fans of this Bangladeshi on the city outskirts, say “it’s in a class of its own” thanks to its very good cooking.
7. Sea Tree Fish & seafood restaurant in Cambridge 13 The Broadway - CB1
“A welcome option amongst the Mill Road eateries” offering “high quality and reliable fish ’n’ chips”, “great crispy calamari” and “even a wet fish counter”; given all this, it's “worth the price compared to its competitors”.
8. Alimentum French restaurant in Cambridge 152-154 Hills Rd - CB2
Mark Poynton’s “innovative, precise and beautiful” cuisine has carved a major reputation for his “stark” foodie temple, not far from the station. It’s a case of love-it-or-hate-it though – to fans “always a great experience”, to foes with “no wow-factor, and no buzz”, and a “customer-is-always-wrong” attitude.
9. The St John’s Chop House British, Traditional restaurant in Cambridge 21-24 Northampton St - CB3
Specialising in classic British fare and real ales, much like its sibling the Cambridge Chophouse; solid all-round ratings suggest it’s worth considering.
10. d’Arry's British, Traditional restaurant in Cambridge 2-4 King Street - CB1
Gastropub behind Christ’s that’s still praised for its “convivial” atmosphere and “good Australian wine list”; to more sceptical types however, the food is merely “OK” nowadays.
View full listings of 80 Cambridge Restaurants
Popular Cambridge Restaurant Searches
Top Cambridge Restaurants
These are the top restaurants in Cambridge based on reviews by Hardens users.
Popular Cuisines in Cambridge