Hardens Guide to the Best Restaurants in Southampton
Hardens guides have spent 30 years compiling reviews of the best Southampton restaurants. On Hardens.com you'll find details and reviews of 25 restaurants in Southampton and our unique survey based approach to rating and reviewing Southampton restaurants gives you the best insight into the top restaurants in every area and of every type of cuisine.
Featured Southampton Restaurants
1. 7 Bone Burgers, etc restaurant in Southampton 110 Portswood Road - SO17
2018 Review: Reporters just “love” this stripped-back, NYC-style diner, turning out cocktails, BBQ fare and “quality” ’dirty’ burgers; the owners brought their hit formula to Reading in early 2017, but it’s this four-year-old Southampton branch that grabs the most attention.
2. Kuti’s Indian restaurant in Southampton 37-39 Oxford St - SO14
2017 Review: “Delicious curries that make you want to come back for more!”, make it worth remembering this well-established Indian: one of Southampton’s few culinary sparks.
3. Lakaz Maman Mauritian restaurant in Southampton 22 Bedford Place - SO15
“Such a great find” – Shelina Permalloo followed up her MasterChef win by opening this “bright and cheerful restaurant serving very tasty Mauritian street food”. Add in “superb service and BYO as well and it’s a really special place”.
6. Kohinoor of Kerala restaurant in Southampton 2 The Broadway, Portswood Rd - SO17
A resurrected name from a long-closed Southampton curry institution for this newcomer, serving up the regular curry house fare alongside southern Indian specials.
7. Ottoman Kitchen Middle Eastern restaurant in Southampton 36-37 High Street - SO14
Opened in Spring 2019 in Bargate, Ottoman Kitchen was named as the Best Middle Eastern Restaurant in the UK 2019 at the Asian Curry Awards.
View full listings of 25 Southampton Restaurants
Popular Southampton Restaurant Searches