Hardens Guide to the Best Restaurants in London Battersea
Hardens guides have spent 30 years compiling reviews of the best Battersea restaurants. On Hardens.com you'll find details and reviews of 62 restaurants in Battersea and our unique survey based approach to rating and reviewing Battersea restaurants gives you the best insight into the top restaurants in every area and of every type of cuisine.
Featured Battersea Restaurants
1. Street Pizza Pizza restaurant in Battersea 4 Arches Lane, Circus West Village - SW11
A fourth branch for Gordon Ramsay's pizza restaurant, which opened after the 2021 lockdown.
2. Aspen & Meursault British, Traditional restaurant in Battersea 96 Westbridge Road - SW11
Opened in mid-August 2021; cafe and deli by day, natural wine bar by night (sibling to Diogenes the Dog) serving cheese and charcuterie platters.
3. Augustine Kitchen French restaurant in Battersea 63 Battersea Bridge Rd - SW11
This “great local French bistro” offers “well priced and very well executed” dishes, based on the cuisine of Evian on the shore of Lake Geneva. It’s “easily missed in its location” just south of Battersea Bridge.
4. Chokhi Dhani London Indian restaurant in Battersea Unit 2, 2 Riverlight Quay, Nine Elms Lane - SW11
In the “desert” of Vauxhall’s riverside developments, this year-old offshoot of one of India’s best-known luxury restaurant groups occupies the smartly furnished ground floor of one of the new blocks, and specialises in Rajasthani cuisine. Feedback is still relatively limited, but such as there is says it’s been an “excellent arrival”.
5. Santa Maria del Sur Argentinian restaurant in Battersea 129 Queenstown Rd - SW8
Since 2006, this out-of-the-way Argentinian has won a strong Battersea following, particularly with its selection of succulent steaks (flown in from Latin America) and “lovely” staff. If you have veggie friends, don’t despair: they do now have the odd vegan option.
6. Pizza Metro Italian restaurant in Battersea 64 Battersea Rise - SW11
“A long-time favourite”, “always full of chatter and laughter”, this Battersea pizzeria was the first in town to serve by the metre (or round, if you prefer) in 1993. “Both pizzazz and pizza that are long and good”.
7. Cinnamon Kitchen Battersea Indian restaurant in Battersea 4 Arches Lane - SW11
“Bright, interesting flavours” from an evolved menu that’s “delicately prepared” win a thumbs up for Vivek Singh’s “well-appointed” duo of modern Indians. The original, inside a large atrium within a City development, benefits from a big ‘outside’ terrace; its two-year-old sibling occupies a railway arch within the new Battersea Power Station development.
8. Little Bird Battersea Pan-Asian restaurant in Battersea 1 Battersea Rise - SW11
A “fab menu” of Asian-Med fusion dishes, ‘botanical’ cocktails and funky interior design add up to a “great little local restaurant” concept from Lorraine Angliss, building her Annie’s and Rock & Rose west London group; Little Bird has perched in Chiswick and Battersea.
9. Macellaio RC Steaks & grills restaurant in Battersea 124 Northcote Rd - SW11
“Quality Italian beefsteaks” – most notably from the Piedmontese Fassone breed – are showcased in style at Genovese owner, Roberto Costa’s, “unique” steakhouse group, where at each branch you “enter through the butcher’s shop” and “you can tell the staff which cut you want”. “The well-hung rump steak is absolutely delicious” and “a great selection of Italian wines” helps make it the perfect place to kill off an evening.
10. Soif French restaurant in Battersea 27 Battersea Rise - SW11
“Easy-yet-delicious French bistro” option, offering the combination of gutsy Gallic small plates and an interesting wine list that’s become the hallmark of outlets run by natural and organic wine pioneer Les Caves de Pyrène.
View full listings of 62 Battersea Restaurants
Popular Battersea Restaurant Searches
london Restaurant News
Top Battersea Restaurants
Hot Newcomers & Coming Soon
Galvin Bar & Grill
London British, Modern
London Steaks & grills