Hardens Guide to the Best Restaurants in Scottish Borders
Hardens guides have spent 30 years compiling reviews of the best Scottish Borders restaurants. On Hardens.com you'll find details and reviews of 27 restaurants in Scottish Borders and our unique survey based approach to rating and reviewing Scottish Borders restaurants gives you the best insight into the top restaurants in every area and of every type of cuisine.
Featured Scottish Borders Restaurants
1. The Wheatsheaf at Swinton British, Modern restaurant in Swinton Main St - TD11
Feedback is limited but all upbeat on this attractive pub with rooms, whose contemporary dining room overlooks the village green.
2. Cringletie House Scottish restaurant in Peebles Edinburgh Rd - EH45
A “fabulous place to stay in the Scottish Borders”, with “delicious food” (including afternoon tea) and a “great garden”, this grand Victorian mansion in the Scots Baronial Revival style has been a hotel for almost 50 years. Less than an hour from Edinburgh, it has been lavishly restored by the current owners since 2003.
4. Osso British, Modern restaurant in Peebles Innerleithen Rd - EH45
2019 Review: “Ally and his team provide a warm and welcome” at this family-run venture. By day they serve coffee and cakes, but there are fancier lunchtime and dinner menus also which come well-rated.
5. The Tontine Hotel Scottish restaurant in Peebles High St - EH45
This dog-friendly Border hotel offers dining in The Adam Room restaurant or the bistro.
7. Pentonbridge Inn British, Modern restaurant in Penton B6318 - CA6
An ambitious new venture in the wilds of Cumbria from husband-and-wife team Jake and Cassie White - formerly head chef and pastry chef at Marcus Wareing's eponymous London restaurant Marcus, The Berkeley. The pair have taken over the old Bridge Inn pub, which will reopen later this year after major refurbishment with a 45-cover dining room serving five or seven course tasting menus, plus rooms and a nearby kitchen garden providing much of the fare.
8. The Cross Inn restaurant in Paxton
A traditional village pub "with real ales and a warm welcome" from the team headed up by Daniel Norris and Sean Simmonds.
9. Peebles Hydro Scottish restaurant in Peebles Innerleithen Road - EH45
Popular Scottish hotel and spa.
10. Mainstreet Trading Company Sandwiches, cakes, etc restaurant in St Boswells Main Street - TD6
A bookshop, deli and cafe from Rosamund de la Hey, the former marketing director of children's literature at Bloomsbury and her husband Bill.
View full listings of 27 Scottish Borders Restaurants
Popular Scottish Borders Restaurant Searches
Scottish Borders Restaurant News
Top Scottish Borders Restaurants
Hot Newcomers & Coming Soon
Penton British, Modern
Peebles Scottish £49