Hardens Guide to the Best Restaurants in London Highbury
Hardens guides have spent 30 years compiling reviews of the best Highbury restaurants. On Hardens.com you'll find details and reviews of 11 restaurants in Highbury and our unique survey based approach to rating and reviewing Highbury restaurants gives you the best insight into the top restaurants in every area and of every type of cuisine.
Featured Highbury Restaurants
1. Eggs 'n' Stuff British, Modern restaurant in Highbury 102 Holloway Road - N7
This first bricks-and-mortar outpost of the popular eggy delivery service from Wing Shack founder Josh Jarvis can be found on Holloway Road from 20 March 2021 for three months.
2. Farang Thai restaurant in Highbury 72 Highbury Park - N5
“Miles more interesting than most Thais” – with food “so hot it makes your eyes water… but in a very good way” – Sebby Holmes’s now-permanent Highbury venture (on the old site of San Daniele, RIP) is earning prominence amongst London’s new-wave Thais. “Favourable comparisons are made with Som Saa, Kiln and Smoking Goat”, approving “zero compromise in the spicing on a short, season-dependent menu”.
3. Zia Lucia Pizza restaurant in Highbury 157 Holloway Road - N7
2019 Review: “The best charcoal base ever” is just one of the four dough choices on offer (including gluten-free, all slow-fermented for 48 hours) at this “brilliant” and “welcoming” pizzeria on Holloway Road. Its popularity means “door-side queuing, but we’ve learned to live with it”. Top Tip: “charcoal-based Andrea Pirlo (mozzarella, gorgonzola, apple, truffle and olive sauce)”.
4. Il Guscio Italian restaurant in Highbury 231 Blackstock Road - N5
This “great little Sardinian restaurant” in Highbury serves up “excellent food (large amounts of it), in a very convivial atmosphere”. It’s “the perfect local for when we can’t face cooking, or want a midweek treat, or are meeting friends, or want a quick pre-dinner drink... in fact, it’s good on pretty much any occasion”. Kids are welcome, and will love the “amazing pizzas”.
5. St Paul Sandwiches, cakes, etc restaurant in Highbury 274b Saint Paul's Road - N1
New all-day café near Highbury Corner (next to Prawn on the Lawn) offering coffee, sandwiches and cakes by day and small plates alongside a compact wine list in the evening.
6. Beam Mediterranean restaurant in Highbury 178-184 Blackstock Road - N5
On the former site of Il Bacio in Highbury comes this Mediterranean café with British influences, it also has another outpost in Crouch End.
7. Frank's Canteen International restaurant in HIghbury 86 Highbury Park - N5
Originally a catering company, Frank's Canteen has moved from weekend-only brunches to supper clubs to "brunch, lunch, dinner & Sunday roasts".
8. Patron Cave à Manger French restaurant in Highbury 158a Blackstock Road - N5
Patron's "simple, honest, comfort, classic French food and wine" has come to Blackstock Road.
9. Fink's Gillespie Sandwiches, cakes, etc restaurant in Highbury 88 Gillespie Road - N5
A coffee shop from the team behind Fink's Salt & Sweet, serving "a short but top notch breakfast and lunch menu".
View full listings of 11 Highbury Restaurants
Popular Highbury Restaurant Searches
london Restaurant News
Top Highbury Restaurants
Hot Newcomers & Coming Soon