Hardens Guide to the Best Restaurants in City Of London
Hardens guides have spent 30 years compiling reviews of the best City Of London restaurants. On Hardens.com you'll find details and reviews of 10 restaurants in City Of London and our unique survey based approach to rating and reviewing City Of London restaurants gives you the best insight into the top restaurants in every area and of every type of cuisine.
Featured City Of London Restaurants
1. Piazza Italiana Italian restaurant in City of London 38 Threadneedle Street - EC2R
This traditional Italian newcomer (with siblings in Moscow and Riga) opening on May 19 2021 and occupies an impressive Edwardian (1902) banking hall in the heart of the Square Mile – the former Telling room of the British Linen Bank (later Bank of Scotland). The dramatic columns and ceiling of the space remain and Aleksandr Sarujev is at the stoves.
2. Parlour, The Ned restaurant in City of London 27 Poultry - EC2R
Yet another option for eating at The Ned! This time, this colossal hipster hotel near Bank has added a new basement bar and entertainment space, complete with regular live music. The food is more than just bar bites though – Lobster Thermidor anyone?
3. South Place Chop House Steaks & grills restaurant in City of London 3 South Place - EC2M
"A refinement of the conventional 18th Century Chop House style" according to their website, this hotel-based restaurant in the City serves up carefully sourced cuts of meat and fish, weekend brunches and Sunday roasts.
4. Cafe Sou, The Ned restaurant in City of London 27 Poultry - EC2R
The last of the seven public restaurants at The Ned to open, Cafe Sou is a Parisian-style cafe serving coffee, breakfast, pastries, salads and baguettes, with charcuterie and cheese platters for evening snacking; takeaway available. Celebrity chef Rachel Khoo has consulted on the menu.
5. Island Poké American restaurant in City of London Broadgate Circle - EC2M
A City sibling branch for the street-trader-turned-permanent restaurant that serves up super-healthy (and tasty) Hawaiian poke bowls (diced fish and rice), with equally trendy acai bowls on offer at breakfast.
6. 120 Fenchurch Street restaurant in City of London 120 Fenchurch Street - EC3M
Despite closing four sites in the Royal Exchange in August 2018, D&D are still expanding with this new 14th floor site with “public sky garden” by Leadenhall Market (as well as opening Bluebird in NYC); no news on opening dates yet.
7. Savage Garden, Doubletree by Hilton Tower of London British, Modern restaurant in City of London 7 Pepys Street - EC3N
On the 12th storey of Hilton's Tower of London hotel, with views across the City and river, Savage Garden is "not for the faint-hearted," apparently; it's an all-day bar and cocktail lounge with a large all-weather terrace, with "small plates and savage feasting" for those wanting to eat.
8. The White Haus Swiss restaurant in City of London 17 Farringdon Street - EC4A
This new City-fringe pub from Hippo Inns is a three-floor behemoth all decked out in an apres-ski theme, complete with memorabilia from the British Ski Club and a private dining cable car. All-day dining from breakfast to cocktails.
9. Unimini Pan-Asian restaurant in City of London 20 Eastcheap - EC3M
The owners of CheeMc in Elephant & Castle and Gogo Pocha in Waterloo are opening a bento box grab-and-go restaurant in the City.
View full listings of 10 City Of London Restaurants
Popular City Of London Restaurant Searches
City Of London Restaurant News