Hardens Guide to the Best Restaurants in Kingston Upon Thames
Hardens guides have spent 29 years compiling reviews of the best Kingston Upon Thames restaurants. On Hardens.com you'll find details and reviews of 22 restaurants in Kingston Upon Thames and our unique survey based approach to rating and reviewing Kingston Upon Thames restaurants gives you the best insight into the top restaurants in every area and of every type of cuisine.
Featured Kingston Upon Thames Restaurants
1. The Black Horse British, Modern restaurant in Kingston upon Thames 204 London Road - KT2
A HOUSE OF FUN AND FAMILYWe have reinstated the pub’s original name The Black Horse established in 1893 when it was originally part of the auspices of Kingston upon Thames. The area was fundamentally agricultural with Norbiton common being enclosed under the 1808 ...
2. Moksha Indian restaurant in New Malden 216 Kingston Road - KT3
Out in the boonies of New Malden, first class ratings again – if on slightly limited feedback – for Arjun Singh Rawat and Rajeev Danga’s North Indian two-year-old.
3. Hawkers Bar & Brasserie British, Modern restaurant in Kingston upon Thames 1 Skerne Road - KT2
ENJOY COCKTAILS, BOTTOMLESS BRUNCH, ...
4. Al Forno Pizza restaurant in Kingston upon Thames 1-3 Townend Pde - KT1
These “buzzing family-run Italians” in southwest London create “an exceptional atmosphere” for large parties of all ages – and “they won’t break the bank”. “Despite the celebratory brouhaha, they produce a very respectable menu of traditional dishes – fish stew, duck, pizza on demand” – “even the veggies are catered for”. “Expect noise and old people dancing.”
5. fish! Kitchen Fish & chips restaurant in Kingston upon Thames 56-58 Coombe Road - KT2
An “incredible selection of fresh fish” from its in-house fishmonger, Jarvis, next door is the draw to this offshoot of a 20-year-old Borough Market stalwart. “Everything can be grilled for you to order” – and there are “very good specials”.
6. Roz ana Indian restaurant in Kingston upon Thames 4-8 Kingston Hill - KT2
“The food is delicious” at chef-partner Deepinder Sondhi’s “superb, modern fusion-Indian”, which opened in 2008 on Kingston Hill. “Some say upstairs is better but I disagree – far better being near the bar for lush cocktails with Bollywood classics playing in the background”.
7. The Canbury Arms British, Traditional restaurant in Kingston upon Thames 49 Canbury Park Road - KT2
2018 Review: “Whatever the occasion the Canbury is always a firm favourite”, whose “eclectic menu” is “of a quality that set it apart from the rest of Kingston’s pubs”. It’s so “hard to find independent and really affordable places like this”.
8. Jin Go Gae Korean restaurant in Kingston upon Thames 270- 272 Burlington Road - KT3
“One of the best of New Malden’s Koreans (and the only one we’ve found with charcoal grills)” – “the ambiance has its own pure charm, with smoke in the air from the table-BBQs and queues out the door on weekends”. “Service is a bit brusque and chaotic at times, but the flavours cannot be beaten!”
9. Haché Burgers, etc restaurant in Kingston upon Thames Unit 5 Riverside Walk - KT1
“Still some of the best burgers around”, say fans of this French group, whose Gallic je ne sais quoi lends a certain superiority to the offering, while service is “friendly and speedy”. Its seventh outlet opened in Kingston early in 2019, at a time when rival mid-market operators were struggling.
10. Five Guys Burgers, etc restaurant in Kingston upon Thames The Rotunda, Clarence Street - KT1
“When all you want is an old-school burger”, these US-based arrivals of recent years really “hit the spot” – you can “build your own”, with “tons of accessories”; plus “seriously addictive fries”, “thick milkshakes”, and “more soda flavours than is reasonable”. “The eat-in experience is as depressing as McDonald’s”, though, in fact perhaps more so – “some branches have a strangely gloomy ambience” – but fans feel that “if you don’t mind 1980s-rock, a trip can still be surprisingly fun”.
View full listings of 22 Kingston Upon Thames Restaurants
Popular Kingston Upon Thames Restaurant Searches