Hardens Guide to the Best Restaurants in Belfast
Hardens guides have spent 15 years compiling reviews of the best Belfast restaurants. On Hardens.com you'll find details and reviews of 60 restaurants in Belfast and our unique survey based approach to rating and reviewing Belfast restaurants gives you the best insight into the top restaurants in every area and of every type of cuisine.
Featured Belfast Restaurants
1. House of Zen restaurant in Belfast 3 St Anne's Sq - BT1
Cocooned in the Heart of the Cathedral Quarter is the newest addition to the Zen ...
2. James Street South French restaurant in Belfast 21 James Street South - BT2
James St. South offers a modern dining experience with great food and an exciting wine list in Belfast city centre.
Originally opened in 2003 by chef Niall McKenna, the interiors have been refurbished by Aidan McGrath (McGonigle and McGrath Architects) transforming the restauran...
3. Zen Japanese restaurant in Belfast 55-59 Adelaide St - BT2
The innovative menu on offer at Zen provides a wide range of new and exciting Japanese style dishes, where the experimentation with new ingredients and methods of preparation have allowed Zen to set the pace in food design. Zen also caters for those with more reserved traditional...
4. Mourne Seafood Bar Fish & seafood restaurant in Belfast 34 - 36 Bank Street - BT1
“A charming fish restaurant with a fishmonger at the front”, where the cooking is “very inventive and unusual” and “not rapaciously priced” (“wish they'd told me how cheap the lobster was before I ordered something else”!)
5. Il Pirata Spanish restaurant in Belfast 279-281 Upper Newtownards Rd - BT4
“It’s hard to get better value” (especially at lunchtime) than at this trendy but casual Italian in Ballyhackamore Village; “there’s a great variety of dishes – you can choose something different every time!”
6. Coppi Italian restaurant in Belfast Unit 2 St Anne’s Sq - BT1
“Very tasty small dishes and well-balanced mains” win plenty of fans for this Cathedral Quarter Italian; even a reporter who finds it “too dark” (“you can hardly read the menu”) concedes that it's “otherwise excellent”.
7. The Bar & Grill At James Street South British, Modern restaurant in Belfast 21 James Street South - BT2
“Grilled meat is the thing here and other dishes are really sidelines”. If that’s what’s required though this central haunt – where much of the cooking is from a Josper grill – is just the ticket.
8. Ox British, Modern restaurant in Belfast 1 Oxford St - BT1
It's still early days, but this city-centre two-year-old – from two chefs who met at the iconic L’Arpège in Paris – is already well-recognised for its “marvellous” cooking, “unassuming” service and “funky” wines; in many reporters’ view, it's “easily the best restaurant in Belfast”.
9. Hadskis International restaurant in Belfast Commercial Ct - BT1
In the Cathedral Quarter, this small, bare-walled newcomer is proving a very welcome addition to the City, winning consistently high ratings for its contemporary cooking, with many items cooked on a charcoal grill.
10. Tedfords Restaurant Fish & seafood restaurant in Belfast 5 Donegall Quay - BT1
It may not elicit much in the way of commentary, but those who do comment on it are demonstrative in their praise for this airy, seafood-centric venue in a Victorian riverside building near Waterfront Hall.
View full listings of 60 Belfast Restaurants
Popular Belfast Restaurant Searches
Top Belfast Restaurants
These are the top restaurants in Belfast based on reviews by Hardens users.
Mourne Seafood Bar
The Bar & Grill At James Street South
Popular Cuisines in Belfast