International Restaurants in Southwark
1. Spinach International restaurant in Southwark 161 Lordship Lane - SE22
2018 Review: “A lively and ambitious spot that outshines many of its more established local rivals” – this “pleasant”, bright, white-walled Dulwich café offers enjoyable cooking of the “I could cook this at home but I’ll eat out tonight” variety, with an emphasis on veg.
2. Vivat Bacchus International restaurant in Southwark 4 Hay’s Ln - SE1
“There’s no better place to try South African wine – from cheap ’n’ cheerful to exceptional vintages” – than at this duo of SA-owned City wine bars, with walk-in cellars for your deliberation. The Saffa-inspired food is “fairly hearty” (steaks are a good bet), with a shout-out to the “brilliant cheese room” in each venue.
3. Rabot 1745 Afro-Caribbean restaurant in Southwark 2-4 Bedale St - SE1
“A chocolate-themed restaurant is a good idea in principle, but some dishes work better than others” is the general verdict on this Borough Market outlet of a St Lucia plantation owned by Hotel Chocolat, which “users cocoa in every dish”. “Chocolate mac ’n’ cheese”, anyone? What does work is the “fantastic hot chocolate”, and the café/bar has a “fun atmosphere” in the evening, while “the breakfast menu is really tasty, too”.
8. Great Guns Social International restaurant in Southwark 96 Southwark Bridge Road - SE1
"Championing Borough’s long association with fine cuisine by offering a series of kitchen residencies in a programme curated by celebrity chef, Maria Elia" - the cocktail bar is open longer than the kitchen.
9. Vinegar Yard International restaurant in Southwark Saint Thomas Street - SE1
A new ‘eating, drinking, shopping and art space’ from the founders of Flat Iron Square, also not far from London Bridge, with vintage shops, street food stalls and bars in shipping containers and a large garden. Million Pound Menu stars Baba G’s have a stall here, selling their naanwiches and Indian burgers.
10. Albie at The Hoxton, Southwark International restaurant in Southwark The Hoxton, 40 Blackfriars Road - SE1
A "neighbourhood lobby" at The Hoxton's Southwark sibling, with residents including Eggbreak, Pecking Order and Tandoor Chop House, and an all-natural wine list. See also Seabird for the rooftop restaurant.
View full listings of 10 International Southwark Restaurants
Popular Southwark Restaurant Searches