British, Modern Restaurants in Jersey
1. Bohemia British, Modern restaurant in Jersey Green St, St Helier - JE2
Some of the best dining experiences of the year are reported at this well-known, luxurious Jersey destination, where Stephen Smith’s cuisine can produce some “stunning” dishes. Even fans can find the culinary approach a little “over complex” however, and the slightly “gloomy” dining room itself, “tucked away in a corner of the hotel”, is increasingly judged “intimate but a little uninspiring”.
2. The Boat House (Main Deck) British, Modern restaurant in Jersey North Quay, St Aubin - JE3
Al fresco dining on our terrace is a favourite with locals and visitors alike. Enjoy menu classics such as our traditional Fresh Fish & Chips or Super Food Salad with a glass of wine or beer whilst taking in views of the picturesque harbour.
3. Longueville Manor British, Modern restaurant in Jersey Longueville Rd, St Saviour - JE2
“Top-notch”, “consistently excellent” cuisine from chef Andrew Baird distinguishes this “very comfortable” and slightly old-fashioned Relais & Chateaux establishment: a fourteenth-century manor house with landscaped grounds which has been run as a hotel since 1949 by three generations of the Lewis family. Particular strengths include “wonderful Jersey seafood”, “the best Sunday roasts” and a “brilliant wine list”.
4. Mark Jordan at the Beach British, Modern restaurant in Jersey La Plage, La Route de la Haule, St Peter - JE3
Co-run by the owners of The Atlantic Hotel – and helmed by Mark Jordan, who held a star at the hotel’s Ocean Restaurant for over a decade – this smart, beachside bistro wins uniformly stellar marks for its fishy cuisine, not least a “lovely lobster Thermidor”.
5. Suma’s British, Modern restaurant in Jersey Gorey Hill, Gorey - JE3
2017 Review: A “small but delightfully formed restaurant on Jersey’s eastern coast overlooking the bay and Gorey Castle”; on the food front, “local produce features across the menu” and there’s “always something to please”. Top tip – snap up a “romantic” balcony table (they've “added more shelter” to the outdoors this year).
6. Samphire Jersey (formerly Ormer) British, Modern restaurant in St Helier 7-11 Don Street - JE2
2018 Review: Shaun Rankin’s highly accomplished cuisine from a variety of menus running up to a seven-course tasting option inspires some exceptional ratings from most (if not quite all) visitors to his slick restaurant, bar and deli.
View full listings of 13 British, Modern Jersey Restaurants
Popular Jersey Restaurant Searches