Sandwiches, Cakes, Etc Restaurants in Greater London
1. Boxcar Baker & Deli Sandwiches, cakes, etc restaurant in Westminster 7a Wyndham Place - W1H
Your local bakery and deli, showcasing the best of British seasonal produce. Open every day for breakfast, lunch & afternoon snacks from 8am until 5pm (9am at weekends). From freshly baked pastries and healthy breakfast bowls to delicious salads and sandwich...
2. Bodega Rita's Sandwiches, cakes, etc restaurant in Farringdon 91 Cowcross Street - EC1M
At the same time as planning for a full Rita's restaurant in Soho, this epic sandwich and taco shop is also rising from the ashes (the Coal Drops Yard branch closed in 2020, RIP); this time there will also be American-style subs on the menu.
3. Maison Bertaux Afternoon tea restaurant in Soho 28 Greek St - W1
This “eccentric but marvellous treasure” is a Soho landmark and “one of the few remaining original London pâtisseries”. “Gateaux to die for” and “wonderful tea and scones” provide a “trip down memory lane” in premises opened by a Parisian exile in 1871 and graced by Karl Marx and Virginia Woolf as well as generations of Soho bohos.
4. Kaffeine (Great Titchfield Street) Sandwiches, cakes, etc restaurant in Fitzrovia 66 Great Titchfield St - W1
This “stylish and serious”, coffee-shop operation with two sites in Fitzrovia is “still one of the best independents in London”, 10 years after pioneering modern Antipodean-style coffee culture in the UK. They serve “brilliant coffee” (naturally), “a nice range of pastries” and “excellent sandwiches”, and have a “good vibe at both locations”. “Only the slightly monastic seating lets things down” – and there’s “not enough” of it!
5. Max's Sandwich Shop Sandwiches, cakes, etc restaurant in Finsbury Park 19 Crouch Hill - N4
Max Halley’s cult Stroud Green café has won renown as an “outstanding, cheap ’n’ cheerful” gourmet option, thanks to its wild, wacky and wickedly enjoyable selection of sarnies, each of which amounts to what’s effectively a meal between slices of bread (be prepared to get your hands dirty).
6. Rhythm & Brews Sandwiches, cakes, etc restaurant in Chiswick 22 Walpole Gardens - W4
“A lovely, local independent coffee shop” on the distant borders of Chiswick and Gunnersbury combining “laid-back music on vinyl (some of which you can buy)” and a “cosy” vibe with “great pastries” and other simple fare, plus some fine brews (using Union coffee).
7. Flat White Sandwiches, cakes, etc restaurant in Soho 17 Berwick St - W1
London’s original Flat White was served at this early-wave, Kiwi coffee stop, which first hit Soho’s Berwick Street Market in 2005; and its legendary brews and “great staff” have maintained a fair following over the last 15 years. Its brunch-friendly options include pastries, smashed avos on toast and homemade banana bread.
8. London Grind Sandwiches, cakes, etc restaurant in London Bridge 2 London Bridge - SE1
“Good coffee… and the food’s OK too” – this Borough Market café remains one of the top caffeine hits in SE1. “It’s great for breakfast” too.
9. Workshop Coffee Sandwiches, cakes, etc restaurant in Clerkenwell Ground Floor, White Collar Factory, 1 Old Street Yard - EC1Y
“Perfect coffee every time” keeps caffeine fiends crawling back to this small and serious chain. “Baking from Fortitude Bakehouse is a good complement”.
10. Orange Pekoe Sandwiches, cakes, etc restaurant in Barnes 3 White Hart Ln - SW13
“A vast choice of great teas, coffees, cakes and sandwiches, plus daily specials” attract hordes of visitors to this “very popular” tea shop near the river in chichi Barnes. If you want to sit down for a proper afternoon tea, you’d be wise to book.
View full listings of 152 Sandwiches, Cakes, Etc Greater London Restaurants
Popular Greater London Restaurant Searches
Greater London Restaurant News
Top Greater London Restaurants
Hot Newcomers & Coming Soon