British, Modern Restaurants in Channel Islands
1. Bohemia British, Modern restaurant in Jersey Green St, St Helier - JE2
Some of the best dining experiences of the last Diners Poll were reported at this well-known, luxurious Jersey destination, where Stephen Smith’s cuisine can produce some “stunning” dishes. Even fans can find the culinary approach a little “over complex” however, and the slightly “gloomy” dining room itself, “tucked away in a corner of the hotel”, is increasingly judged “intimate but a little uninspiring”.
2. Longueville Manor British, Modern restaurant in Jersey Longueville Rd, St Saviour - JE2
“Top-notch”, “consistently excellent” cuisine from chef Andrew Baird distinguishes this “very comfortable” and slightly old-fashioned Relais & Chateaux establishment: a fourteenth-century manor house with landscaped grounds which has been run as a hotel since 1949 by three generations of the Lewis family. Particular strengths include “wonderful Jersey seafood”, “the best Sunday roasts” and a “brilliant wine list”.
3. La Reunion British, Modern restaurant in Guernsey Cobo Coast Road - GY5
“One of the best restaurants on Guernsey” – this beachside venue, complete with large terrace and bar overlooking the bay has gorgeous views and continues to inspire enthusiastic feedback for its contemporary cuisine (mostly fish and seafood, but also with steak).
4. Ocean Restaurant, Atlantic Hotel British, Modern restaurant in St Brelade Le Mont de la Pulente - JE3
2018 Review: Mark Jordan produces some “superb food” (it’s “almost worth going for the Dauphinoise cappuccino alone”) in the swish dining room of this bayside country hotel, which boasts fine views. It has kept the tyre men’s favour for a decade now – and even the most sceptical report this year rated it as very good all-round.
5. Mark Jordan at the Beach British, Modern restaurant in Jersey La Plage, La Route de la Haule, St Peter - JE3
Co-run by the owners of The Atlantic Hotel – and helmed by Mark Jordan, who held a star at the hotel’s Ocean Restaurant for over a decade – this smart, beachside bistro wins uniformly stellar marks for its fishy cuisine, not least a “lovely lobster Thermidor”.
6. Suma’s British, Modern restaurant in Jersey Gorey Hill, Gorey - JE3
2017 Review: A “small but delightfully formed restaurant on Jersey’s eastern coast overlooking the bay and Gorey Castle”; on the food front, “local produce features across the menu” and there’s “always something to please”. Top tip – snap up a “romantic” balcony table (they've “added more shelter” to the outdoors this year).
7. Samphire Jersey (formerly Ormer) British, Modern restaurant in St Helier 7-11 Don Street - JE2
2018 Review: Shaun Rankin’s highly accomplished cuisine from a variety of menus running up to a seven-course tasting option inspires some exceptional ratings from most (if not quite all) visitors to his slick restaurant, bar and deli.
10. The Blonde Hedghog British, Modern restaurant in Alderney Le Huret, St Anne - GY9
A boutique hotel on Alderney with a restaurant headed up by James Edwards, using produce from the kitchen garden and wider hotel grounds.
View full listings of 22 British, Modern Channel Islands Restaurants
Popular Channel Islands Restaurant Searches
Channel Islands Restaurant News
Top Channel Islands Restaurants
Hot Newcomers & Coming Soon