We pride ourselves here at Harden’s on our news service, where we bring the benefit of our, ahem, huge experience on restaurant-related matters to the foodie issues of the day.
Much interesting restaurant news, however, is of a snippet nature that’s as quickly and efficiently disseminated in 140 Twitter characters as in a more considered piece.
News items we’ve covered today on Twitter, for example, include:
• Gordon Ramsay loses half his F-Word viewers
• Newcastle hero Terry Laybourne to open new Quayside steak ’n’ ale house. Harden’s had good meal at his Café 21 recently.
• Brilliant reading from the NYTimes 100 things restaurant staffers should never do (part I)
• Star Inn in Yorkshire forced to close after 80 diners fall ill
• NYC fusion pioneer Vong closes after 17 years
Where appropriate, each item comes with a click-through, so you can get the full info on a story that interests you.
So, if you’re on Twitter, please follow HardensBites.
And, if you’re not, it only takes a second to sign up, and the whole procedure really is pretty much idiot-proof. You'll soon wonder how you did without it!
It’s not a one-way street of course: you can use Twitter to talk to us too.