Harden's survey result
For 25 years we've been curating reviews of the UK's most notable restaurant. This year diners have submitted over 60,000 reviews to create the most authoritative restaurant guide in the UK.
For a “decent” lunchtime or post-work pizza, salad or steak, these “cheap ’n’ cheerful” cafés around the City and Canary Wharf receive a number of recommendations.
For a “cheap and cheerful” meal in areas like Canary Wharf and Bank this chain of “buzzing” diners generally proves an effective standby (even if it doesn’t quite convince all reporters) – pizzas are “authentic” and portions “generous”.
For “great pizza” and other “decent staples”, these “bustling” diners are worth knowing about as “reasonable-value” destinations in pricey areas – tucked away in an alleyway off Bond Street, hidden in a courtyard by Bank, and in Canary Wharf (with great views).
The E14 branch – with its “great views” – is the best-known of these “relaxed and fun” hang-outs, which serve an “interesting and creative” selection of pizzas and salads; for a cost-conscious Mayfair meal, however, the outlet tucked-away off Bond Street is also well worth knowing about.
We have a ground floor bar & heated terrace serving fresh cocktails, beers, wines and Champagne. In our 1st floor restaurant & al fresco mezzanine, we serve our 12″ stone baked pizzas & a great selection of fresh salads & grills. Our bar is open from 10.30am Monday to Friday, with the restaurant opening from 11.30am.
We have lots of flexible options for reserved areas, private parties, group bookings & private hire, so just ask. We’re here to help!
THE RESTAURANT ROOM:
- Capacity for up to 200 people standing or 100 people seated for private dining
- Private bar in the room
- Private outside mezzanine balcony & smoking area
- Music Options: Rocket can hire a DJ @ £350 including VAT for a 5 hour set / Rocket can provide music from their internal music system playlists free of charge / Parties are most welcome to bring their own DJ providing they have their own equipment / Parties are most welcome to have live music and Rocket can assist with organising this
- License until 1am
- Natural daylight
Set Menus: (Including VAT & service)
- 2 Courses @ £26 per head
- 3 Courses @ £31.50 per head
- Unlimited side orders @ £2.50 per head
- Glass of Prosecco on arrival @ £5 per head
- 1/2 Bottle of house wine & 1/2 Bottle mineral water @ £10 per head
- Tailor made & bespoke drinks packages are available on request
Minimum Spends: (From 5pm onwards)
- All food and drinks on the evening whether on a company tab or purchased by guests themselves - also including any pre-orders made (i/e welcome drinks, canapes/buffet/set menu, wine for the tables etc) will all contribute towards this spend
- All prices are inclusive of VAT
- A discretionary service of 12.5% would be added to the final bill